Time Management Tips
1. Know your goals. Set priorities.
2. Think through a job before doing it.
3. Periodically evaluate the progress toward your goals.
4. Finish one task before beginning another.
5. Don’t rely on your memory for important events, dates, or ideas. Write them down.
6. Put your objectives in writing.
7. Schedule your committed time first (class, work).
8. Set deadlines for yourself.
9. Break major goals into sub-‐goals.
10. Have each day’s activities sufficiently planned.
11. Set a starting and finishing time for each project.
12. Know yourself – your strengths and limitations.
13. Reward yourself for completion of projects/tasks.
14. Recognize when you are procrastinating.
15. Eliminate tasks that do not contribute to your goals.
16. Take occasional, short breaks.
17. Be prepared for meetings and appointments.
18. Preview reading assignments.
19. Plan as far ahead as possible.
20. Maintain a regular reading or study plan.