Coding is used for communicating with computers. People use coding to give computers and other machines instructions on what actions to perform. Further, we use coding to program the websites, apps, and other technologies we interact with every day. Keywebco uses coding often on our sites and while doing work for others.
In case you want to discover ways to code, taking your first steps into this huge Code universe may look like a frightening, it is no longer as intimidating an undertaking as it once was. Right here’s the big secret: There are plenty of free (and inexpensive) assets you can use to give your self all of the information you need to teach your self new strategies, and make this studying pas thrilling as coding can get.
Whether you’re a grownup looking to transition into the tech enterprise, a pupil looking to analyze the present-day language or a hobbyist who just wants to know-how software program works, all you need is a pc and internet to begin your programming journey.
Almost every electronic device you use relies on code. The way things work can seem quite confusing, but when you break it down it’s actually simple.
People who make code are called programmers, coders or developers. They all work with computers to create websites, apps, marketing, and even games!
Coding is the process of translating and writing codes from one language to another whereas Programming is the process of building an executable program that can be used to carry out proper machine level
Computer language called Machine Code, tells them what to do. As you see it you will notice it doesn’t make a lot of sense to humans!
Each number or letter is telling the computer to change something in its memory. This could be a number or word, or a little part of a picture or video. By themselves, computers don’t know how to do anything.
computers manipulate data. The instructions inside software look Like:
- Load some data
- Load some other data
- Transform those two bits of data into result data
- Send the result data to the monitor for display
- Send the result data over the internet
These instructions are usually called source code. Source code is just a set of written instructions that a computer can understand.
It is the job of the programmer to give them instructions.
Instead of using machine code, it uses a programming language called Python.
Almost all programming languages work the same way:
- You write code to tell it what to do: print(“Hello, world”).
- The code is compiled, which turns it into machine code the computer can understand.
- The computer executes the code, and writes Hello, world back to us.
There are hundreds of different programming languages which can seem confusing, but they all do the same thing.
The tools of the trade
A programmer’s toolbox typically consists of a few things:
- A computer is a must and a smartphone would be helpful
- An internet connection. You need an Internet connection so you can use Google. When you don’t know how to do something you Google it. When your app gives you an error do the same, google it. You can also reach out to Keywebco.
- A code editor (or an IDE, which is a code editor on steroids). Think of it as Microsoft Word or a data base. It helps you organize and proofread your code.
- A compiler or interpreter. This is a program that reads your code, tries to find mistakes so it can bug you about them, gathers your code into a nice little package, and then passes it on to the computer to execute. It does a lot of other things as well.
- A good pair of headphones. These help you ignore distractions so you can focus.
- A good reference to refer to when working on project. Also available here with our free Ultimate App.
Learn the fundamentals necessary to build a full stack application. By learning the basics such as JavaEE, Spring framework, RESTful, APIs, and AngularJS, you’ll be able to to build a full stack application that’s capable of scaling at an enterprise-level.
NOTE: You are not paid to write code; you are paid to solve problems. Programming is where perfection comes with experience not just reading or watching a thousand lines of code. You may be disappointed when you see apps and codes that look pretty complicated. You probably will not understand most of the code you encounter and will have no idea where to start, When I started I began to think that coding is only for smart people but I want to tell you that everybody goes through this phase. You can do it!
Once you figure out why you want to code, you can more easily pinpoint which programming language you should tackle. While there is no single “best” programming language to learn, some languages are more user-friendly than others. HTML and CSS are considered the easiest entry points into the coding world, but they are only really useful for developing basic websites.
What is Java?
Java is an object-oriented language so that instead of writing code as a series of linear instructions, you write code in discrete but related units (called classes), and access those classes as needed. Since we write our classes to model real-life tangible, objects leveraging their interactions helps us to better model and understand the real-life system. You can also leverage the relationships between those units of code to write powerful operations with fewer lines of code. Java is also platform-independent, which means you only have to write your code once, and it’s operable on any system. In other words, you don’t need to write code specifically for Intel processors, or for the Windows operating system.
Why Learn Java?
Java is a powerful language for software development and is one of the most common languages in use amongst mobile apps, Fortune 500 companies, and governments across the globe. Java is instrumental in allowing organizations to scale without inhibiting their uptime.
Release date January 14, 2020
Important Oracle Java License UpdateThe Oracle Java License has changed for releases starting April 16, 2019.
The new Oracle Technology Network License Agreement for Oracle Java SE is substantially different from prior Oracle Java licenses. The new license permits certain uses, such as personal use and development use, at no cost -- but other uses authorized under prior Oracle Java licenses may no longer be available. Please review the terms carefully before downloading and using this product. An FAQ is available here.
Commercial license and support is available with a low cost Java SE Subscription.
Java technology allows you to work and play in a secure computing environment. Upgrading to the latest Java version improves the security of your system, as older versions do not include the latest security updates.
Java allows you to play online games, chat with people around the world, calculate your mortgage interest, and view images in 3D, just to name a few.
A Web Page Is Basically:
What makes a web page is a text file that contains a combination of text and "markup" code. When the item is viewed in a web browser, it displays (or "renders") as it was made it appear. When it is viewed in a text editor (such as Notepad), it displays the text and markup code.
Web pages consist of 2 views:
- Rendered view - This is what you see when you view the web page in your browser.
- Source Code view - This is the "behind the scenes" code that specifies the content and how the page should appear.
Note: You do not have to create a whole code website. It is good to use code to add to many things even if your just blogging on a site. This blog has tips on that too.
Have you started with code? It is not too late to start learning and it would be a shame to miss an opportunity to learn a tutorial or course that can be so useful as Fundamentals of Python Programming especially when it is all right here, Free!
You do not have to register and pay for expensive classes and travel from one part of town to another to take classes. All you need to do is read this article and open the PDF files and videos.
You can view the source code of any web page on the web. The source code will usually open in a new tab.
To do this, use your browser's View Page Source feature. For example, if you use Google Chrome, go View > Developer > View Source. If you use Firefox, go Tools > Web Developer > Page Source. Depending on your device and browser, you might also be able to right click anywhere on the page to bring up the View Source option.
- Program video games
- Build Artificial Intelligence algorithms
- Program various scientific programs such as statistical models
There are several common principles in computer programming that apply to a lot of different situations. These are KISS (Keep it simple stupid), DRY (Don’t repeat yourself), YAGNI (You aren’t gonna need it) and there are some others as well which makes you a better programmer.
It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner or an experienced programmer, you should always try to become a good programmer (not just a programmer…). Remember that you are responsible for the quality of your code so make your program good enough so that other developers can understand and they don’t laugh you every time to understand the messy code you wrote in your project.
Instead of just focusing on learning a specific programming language, you should also learn to problem solve in a way that a computer will understand. In other words, improve your skills at concepts like pattern recognition, algorithms, and abstractions. There’s also lingo, like loops, which are bound to pop up in any language you use. The better you understand these principles, the easier it will be to learn the next language
What Makes a Clean Code: Before we discuss the art of writing clean and better code let’s see some characteristics of it…
- The clean code should be readable. If someone is reading your code they should have a feeling of reading poetry or prose.
- The clean code should be elegant. It should be pleasing to read and it should make you smile.
- Clean code should be simple and easy to understand. It should follow the single responsibility principle (SRP).
- Clean code should be easy to understand, easy to change and easy to taken care of.
- Clean code should run all the tests.
It’s easy to write bad, unorganized code, but it’s hard to maintain such code. Good code typically follows some standard for naming conventions, formatting, etc. Such standards are nice because they make things deterministic to those who read your code afterwards, including yourself.
You can create your own coding standard, but it’s better to stick to one with wider-acceptance. Publicly maintained standards like Zend Framework Coding Standard or soon to be PSR-1 Coding Style Guide instead, it will be easier for others to adapt.
- It provides rich data types and easier to read syntax than any other programming languages
- It is a platform independent scripted language with full access to operating system API's
- Compared to other programming languages, it allows more run-time flexibility
- It includes the basic text manipulation facilities of Perl and Awk
- A module in Python may have one or more classes and free functions
- Libraries in Pythons are cross-platform compatible with Linux, Macintosh, and Windows
- For building large applications, Python can be compiled to byte-code
- Python supports functional and structured programming as well as OOP
- It supports interactive mode that allows interacting Testing and debugging of snippets of code
- In Python, since there is no compilation step, editing, debugging and testing is fast.
All computers totally depend on program code to function properly. There are so many programming languages available that helps developers create applications. Python is one of the high-level, interpreted and general-purpose programming languages that is easy to use, comprehensive and powerful.
Python is a strongly-typed procedural language along with support for a huge and broad standard library. The library of Python provides support for many Internet protocols such as FTP, and IMAP. It has a unique syntax, which makes it different from other programming languages like Java, C++, and C. Some other amazing features of Python are as follows:
- Open source language
- Simple and easy to learn the language
- Scalable and portable language
- High-level language
Python tutorial for beginners - Learn Python for machine learning and web development.
🔥Get my Complete Python Programming Course for $29 (reg price $149) - LIMITED TIME: http://bit.ly/35BLHHP
📕Get My FREE Python Cheat Sheet: http://bit.ly/2Gp80s6
🔗Supplementary Materials (Spreadsheet): http://bit.ly/30PPkaC
📔Python Exercises for Beginners https://goo.gl/1XnQB1
⭐My Favorite Python Books - Python Crash Course: https://amzn.to/2GqMdjG
- Automate the Boring Stuff with Python: https://amzn.to/2N71d6S
- A Smarter Way to Learn Python: https://amzn.to/2UZa6lE
- Machine Learning for Absolute Beginners: https://amzn.to/2Gs0koL
- Hands-on Machine Learning with scikit
- Learn and TensorFlow: https://amzn.to/2IdUuJy
There are so many things to remember in the project and that’s scary. Keep these things in mind:
- You don’t need to remember the characters you see on the screen. You need to understand and comprehend it. You need to check what’s happening in the code, how these characters and syntax are coming together, building the logics to fulfills a specific task. Divide the complete code in small chunks and then understand how logics are working in each part.
- All code is different from each other. Suppose you try to remember one function and later if you run some code with that function to solve a particular problem and if one little thing is changed from what you remember then you’re gonna stuck there because you simply remember the structure of the code so there is no benefit in memorizing the code.
- If you grasp the concept instead of remembering the code then you will able to adopt new changes and implement the things on your own. Remembering the characters, syntax or function is just like reading a book and memorizing the words but not really understanding the story behind it.
- Be an active learner, not a passive learner. A passive learner listens, take notes and retain everything for the next test but active learner creates the same situation and solves the problems. Active learning is much more like a dynamic way of learning that you should adopt in programming. Keep in mind The more you understand, the less you have to remember.
In order to start development with Python, you will need a platform or framework to code. While choosing a framework, remember to consider the size and complexity of your application or project. Read this article to find the commonly used Python frameworks.
How to refactor is more of an art more than a science, but there are a few rules of thumb that can shed some light on it:
- If your function or method is more than 20-25 lines, it’s more likely that you are including too much logic inside it, and you can probably split it into two or more smaller functions/methods.
- If your method/function name is more than 20 characters, you should either rethink the name, or rethink the whole function/method by reviewing the first rule.
- If you have a lot of nested loops then you may be doing some resource-intensive processing without realizing it. In general, you should rethink the logic if you are nesting more than 2 loops. Three nested loops is just horrible!
- Consider if there are any applicable design patterns your code can follow. You shouldn’t use patterns just for the sake of using patterns, but patterns offer tried-and-true ready-thought solutions that could be applicable.
Try to use tools like Ant or Phing to get your source prepared, compressed, and deployed. Building your whole application with a single command is a marvelous way to prevent errors and omissions that are inherent when performing repetitive tasks, and is a generally core pre-requisite for automated testing strategies. I recommend using Phing, it’s a well-supported build tool for PHP written to mimic Ant; if you aren’t familiar with it, check out Shammer C’s article Using Phing, the PHP Build Tool
Below is a list that has 99 of the best free, open-source HTML website templates that can help. Before we get to the list, let us take you back to a simpler time. The 1990s. Old school HTML enthusiasts call these “the good old days.” Where the only way you were going to get a website up was to hand code it yourself with the help of awesome open-source sites like HTML goodies
Keywebco Websites I use Embed.ly A Lot! - Free Too
I needed a way to add significantly more information in a single blog, I looked into different options.
Embedly is a set of front-end tools that help web and app developers create better user experiences. the best tools are simple, easy to use, and perfectly suited to their task. You’ll find that embodied in Embed, Extract, Display, and Video—tools that provide ultra-fast ways to present richer content more effectively.
Though nothing is perfect meaning each different option like PDFs, Video, HTML, and so on, all have advantages and disadvantages.
I use a combination of things in different websites yet the tool I use the most is embedly
Embedly is well made and satisfying to use, I like the look of embedded cards which are created. Easy to do and everything worked flawlessly while I was testing out this plugin and since then. I can see quite a few uses for this plugin now and find more often.
Before we get right to it let me give you a few tips to save you Possible issues later.
1. If you copy the code and use it and it fails or is “freaky” it could be you just need to include it in an iframe.
2. Very rarely a site will not work, sounds bad right? The reasons can vary yet it’s a good thing. It cuts out sites that could be problematic.
3. Please note you can use this service to others blogs and websites however use of your own content is better by far.
4. Add media, measure engagement, and take action. Embedly provides tools for custom media integrations and audience insights.
Embedly Integration Features
Once you've added embeds and videos with Embedly, the real power of the platform becomes available. Use these features to increase engagement and drive traffic.
Top sites depend on Embedly Including mine, Keywebco. Beautiful Media, Powerful Insights APIs - More powerful and flexible control of media
Example - My Free Apps Site Using Embedly
Screenshot Of Making It
Embedly makes it easy to display, control and measure third-party content in your application or website.
This enables developers to easily embed content from third-party content providers like YouTube, Vine, Flickr and many more. Embed follows the oEmbed spec.
Learn more about the oEmbed API.
Think of Extract as a more powerful version of Embed. Extract content from any page, including full article text, multiple images, entities and much more.
Learn more about the Extract API.
The display offers an image proxy and resizing endpoints to handle all your image needs. It takes an image URL and allows you to crop, fill, or resize to fit your page or application’s layout.
The image proxy service allows:
- Manipulating images to fit the needs of your website, including cropping, resizing and filling images.
- Proxy images over HTTPS.
- Specifying a fallback image if an image fails.
- Integration with the Embedly API.
Learn more about the Display API.
Video is a quick and scalable way to have your own video service for uploading and playing videos on your site.
- Allow anyone - from your users to your team- to upload videos.
- Integrate video uploading anywhere, including apps, CMS's, or comments sections.
- Videos are processed to be optimized for desktop and mobile, and returned as a public URL and embed.
You can integrate recommendations on your site, or create a single recommendation as a test. Integration is far more successful to increase page views and recirculation among your content, and the single recommendation is great for prototyping.
Recommendations show up only after a video is played. You can see a demo of it here.
Cards provide you with responsive and shareable embeds to drive the reach of your websites, blog posts, and articles. Our card generator makes it super simple to create a card of any site.
Learn more about Cards. This adds platform.js to your site and loads the script asynchronously. By default
platform.js will create a card for a tag or
BLOCKQUOTE with the class
embedly card. For example, this will create a card for embed.ly
The Embed Button allows you to allow users to embed your site’s content with a single click. Get more impressions from all over the web. To create a Button for your site visit the Button Generator.
Learn more about the Button.
HOW FAST IS EMBEDLY?
Fast. Embedly uses several techniques to accelerate the embedding process:
- Caching: The first time we see a URL, we store its contents in our
cache so that repeated requests can be processed immediately. We invalidate
the cache at least once every 12-24 hours.
- Parallel processing: Once we've resolved the initial URL, we perform
the API calls, image parsing, and malware detection in parallel.
- Batch processing: Send up to 10 URLs at a time to Embedly, and we'll
process them all in parallel.
Using The Plugin
After you have uploaded and activated the plugin you will see a new menu item named “Embedly”, if you visit this you will see 2 buttons to get started using the plugin – if you already have an Embedly account you can log in, otherwise you should click the “Get Started” button to create your account.
You will then be taken to the Embedly website where you can enter your name, email and a password to create your account.
You will then be prompted to enter a name for your website, after which it will return you to your WordPress dashboard where it will display a message saying you are ready to start embedding URLs in your posts.
Before you do so, you should check out the advanced settings just below where you can configure some options for the look of your embeds. Here you can change :
- Design – Minimal option removes the left bar on the card
- Text – Light text is for sites with dark background colors and will make the text white
- Buttons – Enable or Disable the sharing buttons when you hover over the card.
- Width – Enter a set width or leave it blank to be responsive
- Alignment – Left, Right or Centered cards
Here is a list of the current tools that easily integrate with Embedly:
The Embedly WordPress plugin allows bloggers to embed videos, images, and rich media from 325+ sources with just the URL. It uses the Embedly API to get the embed code and display it in a post. This plugin extends the Embedly framework in WordPress 3.8 and higher.
This module will allow your Drupal site to embed content from oEmbed-providers, as well as for the site to become an oEmbed-provider itself so that other oEmbed-enabled websites can easily embed your content. Since version 6.x-0.6 this module comes with auto-updating support for embedding content with Embedly.
In this blog, you saw some of the best practices for writing code, including using code with helpful tips.
If you’re not following these tips already, it’s worth the effort to adopt them and get your efforts on track.